Equifax Reaches Settlement: How to claim your compensation
File an online claim today if you were affected by the 2017 data breach
Equifax recently reached a settlement with the Federal Trade Commission regarding the 2017 data breach. If your data was affected, this settlement means that you could be entitled to free credit monitoring or up to $125. To check if you’re eligible and fill out the form that lets you specify which claims you feel entitled to, follow the steps below.
1. Go to the Equifax Breach Settlement site to check your eligibility: https://www.equifaxbreachsettlement.com/
2. If your information was affected, go back to the main page and begin your claim process by clicking “File A Claim Online.”
3. Choose which method of compensation fits your needs – Credit Monitoring or Cash Payment.
4. Indicate whether or not you’ve actually been a victim of identity fraud or theft.
5. Receive your claim number and save a copy for your records.
For more detailed information on submitting your claim, read this helpful article: